Booking Terms and Conditions
- Websites by Diane prices are as advertised. A 50% NON REFUNDABLE deposit is payable when ordering your site.
- All domain names will be registered in the clients name and as such the domain name belongs to the client, not to Websites by Diane. The exception is if Websites by Diane do not receive payment for services carried out or monies are owed, on which occasions, the domain name will be the property of Websites by Diane.
- All Websites by Diane websites carry the message "web design by Websites by Diane" at the base of each page, with corresponding hyperlinks to our website. These can be omitted at an agreed price. We reserve the right to reinstate this and remove your administrative rights, should this be removed without our express permission.
- Any requests for changes to your site after live approval by you, where all snagging issues have been mutually resolved will incur a £5 admin charge (per change). Larger changes requiring additional pages are charged at the rate of £25 per page. However, minor amendments such as change of address or telephone number will incur no charge.
- Should you choose the option of having administrative rights to your website, you will be able to make changes to your own site and amend content in the future. A working knowledge of Microsoft Word will be necessary to manage your site. Websites by Diane will provide you with training in order to help you manage your site. Websites by Diane does not accept responsibility for any changes that you make to your own site. Any advice on updating your site, or rectifying any changes you have made will be charged at the hourly rate of £25 per hour.
- All our sites require you to submit your own text (copy) for inclusion on your new website. All text should be divided into sections relevant to your page names and submitted by you in Word format or an equivalent (electronic) format. All spell checking is the responsibility of the client and any errors that need rectifying will be charged at either £5 per change or £25 per hour. All text must be thoroughly reviewed before submission, as major alterations or additions that affect and work already carried out by Websites by Diane will incur an hourly charge of £25. Any photos, logos or graphics you wish to include should be submitted by you in either Jpeg, png or gif format, either by post on a cd or by e-mail as an attachment. All text and images submitted must be free of copyright and Websites by Diane do not accept responsibility for any infringement of copyright law arising from any text or images provided.
- All rights and copyrights for logos created will be transferred to the customer once payment has been received by Websites by Diane and until such time, the logo will remain the property of Websites by Diane.
- Websites by Design creates bespoke websites from scratch. As such, all rights and copyrights for websites created will be transferred to the customer once payment has been received by Websites by Diane and until such time, the website design and layout will remain the property of Websites by Diane.
- We reserve the right to include a screenshot/page of, and link to your completed website.
- A website "page" is generally intended to mean a page of content of approximately A4 in size. Individual pages with more than A4 sized content will be charged at the additional page rate which will vary depending on the content (per A4 sized page of content).
- All Websites by Diane websites are optimised for viewing on the most commonly used viewing platform, that is, on computers running Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari with a screen resolution of 1024x768 (or above). We can offer no guarantees of correct function across all browser platforms and mobile devices.
- A £20 transfer fee is applicable for the transfer of any domain away from the current host.
- In order to process your order we require payment of your 50% (NON REFUNDABLE) deposit via BACS. Your balance is payable upon completion when your site has been viewed & approved by you via our live Demo Server and when you are completely satisfied. Websites by Diane regrets that once full payment has been received NO REFUNDS CAN BE GIVEN.
- The price includes 1GB of storage space.
- One year's free hosting of your site is included in the price. After this time, a fee of £60.00 per annum will apply, payable annually in advance. If the customer does not renew the Services the hosting will expire and your site will no longer be live. Websites by Diane excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the hosting as a result of the customer's failure to renew the Services. Hosting can be transferred to a host of your choosing for a fixed fee of £55. You are responsible for the transfer and all future security updates and website back ups.
- A domain name is also included in the price which is valid for one year. After this time, a fee of £15.00 per annum will apply, payable annually in advance. If the customer does not renew the Services the domain name will expire and your site will no longer be live. Websites by Diane excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the domain name as a result of the customer's failure to renew the Services.
- Websites by Diane excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the domain name as a result of a technical fault or any other fault caused by any third party
- Websites by Diane excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the Customer by the expiration of the domain name as a result of a technical fault of any other fault caused by the negligence of the site host.
- The customer is required to have or open a PayPal account in order to accept online payments.
- Websites by Diane cannot and do not guarantee indexing (inclusion) or high ranking for any website (submitted by us) on any Search Engine. Neither can we guarantee that any of our directory submission packages will increase your website's traffic or overall performance on any search engine (at any time).
- If payment has not been received within 12 weeks after commencement of the creation of a website, and Websites by Diane has carried out all the work as agreed and is unable to complete the website due to omissions from the customer, then payment will be due for all parts of the website already created. The deposit will be taken into account and any payments already received will be deducted from monies owing.
Should payment not be received within the agreed time frame, Websites by Diane reserves the right to charge for any services or extras that would otherwise be included free of charge. These include, but are not solely reserved to; domain name, hosting, extra pages and any extra work carried out, which will be charged at an hourly rate. All the above will be charged at the relevant current rate as stipulated on www. Website byDiane.com
Copyrights for any work carried out, including the creation of backgrounds and the website will remain the property of Websites by Diane until full payment is made.